|The Ombudsman for Banking Services and Investments (OBSI) is Canada’s independent ombudsman for consumers and small businesses with a complaint they can’t resolve with their banking services or investment firm.|
• Independent not-for-profit organization operating in the public interest.
• May recommend compensation up to $350,000.
• Free to consumers and small businesses.
• Non-legalistic approach, using principles of fairness to all the parties.
• Investigates complaints about most banking and investment matters including: mutual funds; bonds and GICs; stocks, exchange traded funds, income trusts and other securities; investment advice; unauthorized trading; fraud; debit and credit cards; mortgages; loans and credit; fees and rates; transaction errors; misrepresentation; and accounts sent to collections.
Tuesday, August 26, 2014
Ombudsman for Banking Services and Investments (OBSI)
Posted by Ace at 11:21 AM